It’s been an interesting summer for me here in Florida filled with many blessings. How amazing things are with God’s hand leading the changes! Between making the decision to try and sell our house so we can move closer to my hubby’s work and our church, to starting my own educational resources company – this has been a blur of a summer. The really neat part of all this is through this crazy busy time, God’s allowed me to be offered endless opportunities to do reviews of Bibles, Christian CDs, and other great Christian and family friendly resources! It’s such a refreshing part of my interest in blogging to be able to learn about great new products and share my reviews with all of you. What I love even more are the opportunities to put these valuable resources into your hands absolutely free with our giveaways! A huge round of applause and deepest thanks to so many wonderful sponsors that offer these amazing blessings to my readers – including today’s totally fantastic Bible being featured for review and giveaway: The Apologetics Study Bible for Students!
This Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB) is a beautifully crafted hardcover that has a sharp outer design for the cover as well as similar graphics occasionally on the inside. I love the indented and colored tabs to help quickly put your fingers near the right book of the Bible for easier study. The commentaries and articles scattered randomly throughout this Apologetics Study Bible for Students are very interesting and thought provoking – calling the learner to deeper study and understanding of the particular topic being shared. I rather enjoyed some of the quotes featured and have shared them with others myself. It’s nice to see someone who is fluent in the Word of God trying to reach student’s hearts and minds with topics that would be important to them.
One of the best parts added to this Bible were the 25 Tactics available for students to learn how to stand up to opposition to Christianity by better understanding why they believe what they believe. In a nut shell, it’s giving them the courage to share their faith with others boldly for Christ. That’s what it’s all about, right?
There are so many cool features in this Bible it is hard to mention them all, but here’s a list from the back cover:
- Built on the Holman Christian Standard Bible — a clear, contemporary English translation that’s faithful to the original languages of the Bible.
- Book Introductions — for each of the sixty-six books of the Bible.
- Study Notes — provide evidence of the reliability and truthfulness of Scripture.
- 120 Articles — written by today’s leading Christian thinkers dealing with life’s ultimate questions.
- 60 Twisted Scriptures — address ways that various religious movements distort Scripture to support doctrine contrary to historic Christian teaching.
- 50 Bones & Dirt — features important archaeological discoveries with an apologetics value.
- 50 Notable Quotes — from influential people throughout history
- 25 Tactics — will equip students to withstand opposition to Christianity by outlining tactics and strategies for handling frequently heard anti-Christian arguments
- 20 Personal Stories — will encourage and strengthen readers in their faith by describing how God has worked dramatically in people’s lives.
- 20 Top Five — are bullet point lists that help readers remember significant apologetics topics
- Contributors include: Sean McDowell, Greg Stier, Alison Thomas, Dan Kimball, and more than 45 others
The Apologetics Study Bible for Students will ground Christian students in the truths of Scripture by equipping them with thoughtful and practical responses to difficult and heartfelt challenges to core issues of faith and life. It’s the study Bible that will actually help students articulate their faith. Think of it as Christian apologetics 101.
*Special thanks to Flyby Promotions for sponsoring the giveaway for one winner to receive a Free Apologetics Study Bible for Students just like this one!!
Prize: One winner will receive an Apologetics Study Bible for Students.
Location: Must be a resident of the USA or Canada.
Age: Must be 18 years or older.
Date: Ends at midnight EST on August 27th.
Disclosure: This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook or any other social media channel. Love2EncourageYou received a free copy in exchange for a review.
“Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.
Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway. If you have won a prize from our sponsor Propeller / FlyBy Promotions in the last 30 days, you are not eligible to win. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.”